Do Quick Weight Loss Programs Really Work?
by Jeff Dedrick
Quick weight loss... "Lose 10 pounds instantly!"
Weight loss diet programs make big promises all the time. But, most people know in the back of their minds, that quick weight loss, is either not healthy, or is nothing more than a short-term fix... Most quick weight loss pounds, are only water loss.
Your body will flush water out of your system and the scale will show a quick weight loss of 3 to 10 pounds. However, this quick weight loss is short lived. The second you drink any fluids, your body will hold the water and your quick weight loss will disappear.
The short term success of quick weight loss in a low carb diet is also this loss of water. Dieters are excited when they see the quick weight loss however this excitement is short lived. Once carbs are introduced back into their diet, boom, there goes the quick weight loss.
Instead of being suckered into all the quick weight loss claims, why don't you try these common sense weight loss tips when dining out, to help you achieve long term success.
You won't see a quick weight loss by following these tips, but you will see some really great long term changes in your body.
- If you must have a dessert, split it with a friend.
- Start your meal with soup and a salad. If you fill up on healthy foods first, you may eat less of the high calorie entries.
- Immediately ask for a box to go and place half of your meal in it. Not only will you cut calories but you now have an entire additional meal for later.
- Ask for nonfat or low-fat dressing on the side when ordering your salad. You can then control the portion size. A high calorie dressing can add 200-400 additional calories to your health salad.
- At a fast food restaurant, always order the small size. Did you know a super size French fry at McDonald's has 29 grams of fat and 610 calories?
Once again, these simple restaurant tips will not result in quick weight loss, but if you start using these and other weight loss tips every day, you will start seeing the long term success you truly deserve.
Always think long term and don't be tricked by diets that only promise "incredible quick weight loss!"