5 Easy Steps To Begin Losing Weight
by Steve Gillman
It can be really intimidating to follow a weight loss plan... Sometimes there are so many rules, and so many major changes in your life required.
But, is there another way? Not just another diet or plan, but a whole different approach?
Try Small Changes To Lose Weight
If a diet, or a weight-loss system, is just too complicated or overwhelming... Try making small changes in your eating habits and lifestyle instead. For example, develop the habit of eating celery, or another low-calorie food, before eating any other snacks.
This way you won't eat as much junk food.
Is this going to do much for you? No, not by itself. But, it is a small change you can handle now, and once it becomes a habit, you can make other small changes. Motivation is easier when taking smaller steps, right?
Take enough of them... and you'll be moving towards your weight loss goal.
5 Easy Steps Towards Weight Loss:
- Park farther away from the store or office, so you start walking a little each day. It's a whole lot easier to find parking this way, too.
- Stay away from people who encourage you to eat too much. Maybe even eat with people who have small appetites.
- Don't ever shop when you are hungry. You'll buy more and more snacks. Get in the habit of eating before you go grocery shopping.
- Switch from sugary soft drinks to flavored water. The carbonated ones are delicious.
- Start taking short walks each evening. Walk the dog, or find a friend to walk with.
There are dozens of small changes you can make, that together make a big difference.
Create your own list. But, for now, start with just one new habit.
When that becomes a normal part of your life, start another. It's hard to say how many changes you'll need to start losing weight, but these are easy steps, if you take them one at a time.
About the author: Steve Gillman writes on many self-improvement topics. You can get more weight loss tips, and subscribe to a free weight loss newsletter at: www.99WaysToLoseWeight.com